Worlds best chicken

So, it's no surprise we eat a lot of chicken at our house. That doesn't mean I don't get stuck in the occasional chicken rut. I was completely lacking inspiration last night and nothing sounded good so I took to my Pinterest board (I mean, that's why I spend hours on Pinterest right?!) and found this recipe I pinned a while back. It boasted the best chicken in the world. We'll just see about that!

The recipe is simple enough and cooks in a flash. Which was a good thing as we were having an impromptu family supper with the hubby's folks. I filleted the chicken breast to make sure they cooked in time and soaked up more flavor from the delicious sauce. I also doubled the measurements for the sauce as I started with twice as much chicken. Other than that I followed the recipe as written. 

What you need:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 
1/2 cup Dijon mustard 
1/4 maple syrup
1Tbl spoon red wine vinegar 
Salt
Pepper
Fresh chopped Rosemary to garnish

What to do:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place chicken breasts in an oven proof dish. Liberally salt and pepper both sides of your chicken. Combine mustard, maple syrup, and vinegar and pour over top of the chicken. Make sure each piece is well coated and bake for 30-40 minutes. 

*the author of the recipe suggests turning up the heat to 450 degrees during the final minutes of cooking to get everything browned and delicious. I took this suggestion as well. 

Remove the chicken from the oven to a platter and top with the sauce in the pan. Garnish with fresh Rosemary and prepare to be amazed! 





The chicken stayed moist and delivered the perfect balance between savory from the mustard, sweet from the maple syrup and a little kick from the vinegar and black pepper. A keeper for sure. I'm working on getting our grill operational this week. I'm already thinking this would be great to make a double batch of the sauce, use half to marinate then grill the chicken. Then heat and reduce the rest of the sauce (Toss the marinade!!!) to make it thick and rich and slather on like BBQ! Don't forget the fresh Rosemary. This chicken was really one of the best chicken dishes I've had in a long time. I hope you try it too and let me know what you think! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the story of us

new year, new...

Company breakfast