a bathroom renovation, before and after

Do you know the book If you Give a Mouse a Cookie? Well, that could have been the story for this bathroom renovation. It all began with a hole in the bathtub. The previous owner had attempted to fill it with some sort of caulk in can business. You know the commercial where the guy puts a screen door in the bottom of a boat, sprays some magic goo et voila! He's rowing off into the sunset. Yeeeah, that stuff. Thank goodness it worked, in this case. No structural issues or water damage. We got to skip right to the fun part.

Once we determined to replace the tub, it only made sense to refresh the flooring. The peel and stick tiles had seen better days and to replace the flooring the toilet had to come out, and while we're at it that vanity is awful......See where I'm going with this? We took it all out and put all new back in. I've never had the opportunity to take a completely black canvas and make it my own. I had a blast! I have to admit too that I'm a little jealous that our kids bathroom is now nicer than ours!

Before





After

It was important to me to create a bright and cheerful space for the kids to get themselves together in the mornings. A coastal/beach theme lent itself easily and provided the opportunity for lots of cute details. Since we live at the beach, finding all the cute decor was a cinch. I also want to make a note about the flooring. I knew going in that I wanted single sheet vinyl.  For a children's/guest bath its a dream to clean, it's not slippery like tile, and not as cold under foot in Wintertime. Tile and marble floors have their place but not here. Not for me.


All the fixtures we used were Moen, including this towel hook. It looked like an anchor, I had to have it!


We went from one sink to two with the new vanity. It included the under mounted sinks and the mirrors. We ordered it online from Home Depot and it shipped right here to the house. 


I'm really excited about these prints. I fell in love with them and just about everything this gal has in her Etsy shop. If you need coordinating wall art this is it.

The wall lettering was such a find. I had seen the same little sayings on Pinterest with links to shops that did custom vinyl decals. I was set to order but on a trip to Hobby Lobby (How much do we love Hobby Lobby?) I found exactly what I was looking for. They came as a set for less than $20 and took about ten minutes to put up. Total!


I can't believe we've been here nearly ten months. We are loving our new home. Can't wait to share more of what's happening in the Hands Made Home.











Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the story of us

new year, new...

Company breakfast