Springtime in a bowl


After a cold hard Winter it seemed like strawberry season would never come. It's been a heavenly few weeks slicing fresh berries on cereal and salads but nothing compares to Strawberry Shortcake. 

I love making bakes goods from scratch. I specially love to use family recipes. But I'm also not ashamed to take a little help from the store. In this case doing it just like Grandma means using Bisquick. She used the Shortcake recipe right on the box! The light and slightly sweet biscuits are perfect for soaking up all that wonderful strawberry juice and take me right back to my childhood. 


What you need:
4 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup of sugar (I use half that amount)
2 3/4 cup Bisquick
3 Tbl granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
3Tbl melted butter
whipped cream

What to do:
Sprinkle sliced berries with sugar. Mix well, cover, and set aside. Combine ingredients until a sticky dough is formed and drop six biscuits onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Split a biscuit into a bowl. Top with strawberries and a generous amount of whipped cream.

When Summer hits and baking isn't high on my list a store bought Angel Food Cake or Pound Cake (Gasp!) does the trick for a quick no muss no fuss dessert. We love to top the cake with whatever fresh fruit is in season (I live for peach season!) and don't forget the whipped cream!

Comments

  1. Well, you just scored me big points with my husband. He will love this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the story of us

new year, new...

Company breakfast