Letting go

My Spring cleaning efforts have branched out from just disinfecting every surface. One thing leads to another and now there's talk about a garage sale.

Taking up precious space on my pantry floor is a collection of vases I have picked up over the years. Two in particular have been packed up and relocated with us three times! They are not expensive or pretty but were decorations from our wedding. I don't even like them. So I have decided they need to go. I snapped a picture, cut the ribbons off, washed them up and put them in the yard sale box. I need to do more of this letting go. It feels good.

I'm never going to be a minimalist. I kind of love knick knacks. But there's a feeling of weight being lifted when we get to a place where we can just let go.



Comments

  1. I'm with you! We're thinking about having a garage sale too. Some moola in the pocket and more space en la casa...good deal. (We'll have to compare notes as I've never had a garage sale before!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the story of us

new year, new...

We're not reinventing the wheel here