Making lists Checking twice

We have left our kids for afternoons and quick overnights countless times. With grandparents in town who love to have little ones around we are blessed with opportunities to be child free for an hour or two every once in a while. 

What I've not done is prepare to leave them for a whole week and travel eight states away from them. This post is not about how desperately I'll miss them (To be sure I'll miss them but let's face it. Mama needs a break) and how I can't stand to leave them. No, this is about the daunting task and unbelievable amount of preparation it takes to leave three children for a week. 

Health care waivers for my in laws to seek treatment in case someone becomes ill. Return ALL the library books. Make lesson plans, and more lesson plans. Write notes for every contingency I can think of. Medicine dosage charts incase someone gets a fever. All things that I keep stored in my head that a Mom just knows. 



I'm in the weeds here. Just 24 hours to go! Time to pull up my big girl pants and get on with it! See you Friday! 

Comments

  1. Can you believe you're on the flip side of this now? Back to reality . . . it was good to see you though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I can't believe it. We picked them up finally this evening. We came home and caught up on all the missed snuggles and stories:-) tomorrow is back to reality.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the story of us

new year, new...

We're not reinventing the wheel here