Hoshi Whaaaaat?

Hashimoto's Thyroditis 

What? Yeah, me either. 

At least not before two weeks ago when my new endocrinologist diagnosed me. 

It's a big scary word that means my body is attacking itself. As a result my thyroid doesn't work properly. Then, for no reason whatsoever it will. With regular blood tests to regulate hormone levels I have the potential for a very good prognosis. Unfortunately, it can take the better part of a year to get all the levels where they need to be. There is no cure for Hashi's but with some diligence it's definitely manageable. 

Please keep me in your prayers while we figure this all out. 

Here's a link to the Mayo Clinic's info page on Hashimoto's 

Comments

  1. Oh my! Prayers that you'll manage and get things regulated in good time. Off to read about it...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the story of us

new year, new...

We're not reinventing the wheel here